Saturday, December 15, 2012

There are no words to express this feeling of loss, my heart breaks for every Mother that goes to bed without her child tonight. While shopping at Costco today I received a call from Kaylee's school, 45 minutes before school let out. My heart sank, my mind blurred, and my eyes filled with tears. I was terrified, why are they calling me right now, did it happen? is my daughter okay? I answered the phone and just about fell to my knees, it was a regular update on school functions. On this day? When I picked her up from school, I threw my arms around and squeezed in every ounce of Kaylee. She said "Mommy your hugging me too tight," I broke down and cried "it's because I CAN." No Mother should ever have to fear that sending their child to school is a death warrant.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment