Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vinegar to the rescue!

Let me just preface this story by saying...like many people with busy lives, I rely on my crockpot at least twice a week. Dinner is ready by 6:00 and all I have to do, is toss in a few ingredients and Gran(my crockpot)does the rest.

It happened on a Thursday night at 6:22 pm. I remember it vividly because it was the first time that Gran had EVER let me down. Thursday is a busy day for me filled with errands, laundry, cleaning, ballet, and playdates. When I walked through the door starving and ready to set the table, I was slapped in the face with the scent of my burning dinner. UGH! REALLY?! What happened Gran?! Within 10 minutes I had the kids in the bath, dinner in the garbage, and sushi on the way. After soaking and scrubbing, I couldn't get the ring of charred sauce to come off. We've been together for almost seven years, the thought of tossing her in the trash brought me to tears. I soaked her overnight, but woke up to find that darn ring still there and annoying as ever. Then a thought crossed my mind, I use vinegar to clean every other appliance in my house, why not my crockpot? It's worth a shot right? I plugged her in, poured in 2 cups of water and 1 cup of vinegar and set her on high for 6 hours. Wouldn't you know...after 6 hours the ring was gone! YAY, Gran will live to see another week! I already had the vinegar out, so I went on to clean my microwave, my stainless steal toaster covered in finger prints, my dishwasher, and my other best friend Kari the Kuerig!

For more wonderful tips on using vinegar click here!


Photobucket

1 comment: