Saturday, January 28, 2012

2011, the Year of Love and New Beginnings

Well...I know it's been a while, but I have good reason for not posting in a very long time. After 5 weddings, 3 bachelorette weekends, 2 wedding showers, and 1 very exhausting cross country move...I can finally breathe.

Most of my summer was spent away from home. Which, actually wasn't so bad considering I HATE Arizona summers. Then August rolled around and just when I thought things were about to slow down, D's studio closed :sigh:. I've always believed that everything happens for a reason, so at this point all I could do, was hope for that reason to reveal itself SOON. For five weeks, D worked on his demo reel and sent out resumes, all over the country. The first call came from EA Sports in Florida, the second from Zenimax in Maryland, and the third came from Irrational Games in Boston. There were a few more calls from various studios in California, but at this point we had decided that California just wasn't for us. It was very clear to us, that the East Coast was in our very near future.

After that, things happened fast. There were phone interviews, animation tests, and lots of late night discussions. The decision was made two days after getting home from the interview with EA, Florida here we come! It was the most exciting and exhausting time of my life, but three weeks later we were gone. We started our life together in the desert, had two babies, spent summers in the pool, and winters in the sun. Goodbye Arizona it's been great, but it's time to move on!

Florida has welcomed us with open arms, and we feel at home! We've been here for three months now, and everyday is like a new adventure. Making friends and exploring our new town has been FUN :insert my big smile here:! The wonderful thing about being someplace completely new, is that you never know what to expect, and there is something incredibly exciting about that. Whatever the future holds, I look forward to sharing it as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment