Monday, June 21, 2010

Where it all began...

When I was a little girl my mom and I would take weekly trips to the library. It was something that I looked forward to everyday and at night I would lay awake in my bed thinking about all of the books I wanted to read. I first fell in love with the Berenstein Bears, then moved on to Ramona, followed by Sweet Valley High and Judy Blume, which eventually lead to R.L. Stine. When I was in 6th grade I bought my very first Danielle Steel Novel, Star. I know that to some people 6th grade may seem a little young to be reading Danielle Steel, but I had already read everything else.

As a self proclaimed serial reader I've read a lifetimes worth of books, some of them twice. All of these books have left me with something...an appetite for more. James Bryce once said, "The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it". I agree with him 100%. I may not remember every detail of every book, but I remember the feeling I had after reading the last page. So, I've decided to start reviewing all of the old favorites that have helped nourish my love for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Have you gotten the Junie B books for your daughter yet? They are like ramona on steroids! You'll love them! This is a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get em, she'll love it! Thanks Shell!

    ReplyDelete